Tuesday 5 October 2010

Steam Encourages Piracy!

All I wanted to do was download demos of the new games Mafia II and Civilization 5. I found myself having to waste an hour or so installing a program called "Steam". Steam is supposed to prevent people from pirating games. This silly program is required in order to download the free demos, or play the full versions of the games.

After having downloaded the program I found out that it doesn't work on my PC. On the site there's a long list of suggestions as to why the program might not be working. There is NO CHANCE that I am going to try all of those suggestions. It would take FOREVER!

I would buy legitimate versions of these games, but since Steam does not work, I will HAVE to get pirated copies if I want to play them.

It's 00:13 am now, and I'm going to bed. I just wish someone from a gaming company would read this... but what are the chances... about one in a billion?

No comments:

Post a Comment