Monday 19 July 2010

Country borders

I think the whole concept of country borders is stupid. It's something that was never designed, but simply came about through history. People with guns and flags went around claiming land, just because they had scarier weapons than other people, and now the world suffers for it. Instead of being a united world, we are divided by these arbitrary lines cutting our planet into little puzzle pieces.

My wife and I want to do a tour of Europe, but we have to make sure that we pass the silly rules for every country. I can travel as much as I want, but she can't.

If we were to actually design the world from scratch... like if we were aliens and discovered Earth, and we were an advanced, intelligent, civilization ... I really don't think we'd be drawing lines everywhere and making life difficult. The world would belong to everyone... none of this stupid discrimination / racism based on where you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment